Payroll Team Leader
- Cape Town, City of Cape Town Metro, City of Cape Town Metro
Payroll Team Leader
As a global premium leader in the fishing industry, the Oceana Group seeks to bring on board exceptional professionals who will help advance our mission to positively impact lives.
Our core business is the catching, processing, marketing and distribution of canned fish, fishmeal, fish oil, lobster, horse mackerel, squid and hake.
But that’s just on the surface, deep down we are so much more. We are ranked as one of the top 20 seafood companies in the world by market capitalisation.
We have a global presence and Oceana is a black-owned company and a level 1 B-BBEE contributor.
The Oceana group is home to four major divisions namely : Lucky Star Marketing, Lucky Star Operations, Daybrook Fisheries and Blue Continent Products.
This opportunity is available within our FSSC - Financial Shared Services department and will report to the - Payroll Manager.
Purpose of the role :
Responsible for supervision of the payroll processing, and oversight of the process from input to payment. Assist with accurate reporting, mitigate any risks within all spheres of payroll.
Ensure that payroll service performance is more efficient and payroll system well-maintained.
Key Responsibilities :
REVIEW OF PROCESSING AND PAYMENT
- Manage payroll process in terms of adherence to deadlines to ensure enough time is
- allocated to review steps
- Review all payroll inputs for validity and accuracy, and compare to payroll results,
- highlighting any variances to payroll administrators
- Review payroll sign off reports before circulation to business, ensure valid
- commentary is included.
- Communicate all payroll sign off queries to administrators and assist them, with swift
- Perform first review of full payroll output prior to submission to Payroll Manager
- Reconcile final payment files to sign off reports
- Assist with posting of payroll journal entries
- Extract payment files and upload to Fihrst
- Prepare third party payment files
- Reconcile third party payments to source
- Action third party instructions
- Resolve any reconciling items in a timely manner
TAX YEAR END & FINANCIAL YEAR END
- Reconcile and assist with bi-annual statutory filings
- Assist with preparation of payroll audit file
- Resolves queries after first escalation
- Training and support to team members if necessary
- Ad-hoc or internal audits
- Ad-hoc or special reporting and analysis.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Diploma or degree in business administration (advantageous) degree / diploma in Payroll or Finance also accepted
- 5 - 7 years' experience in a payroll environment
- 2 years in SAP environment
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- SAP HCM (Payroll) experience essential
- High degree of accuracy (Meticulous attention to detail)
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure; manage upwards and downwards
- Creative thinker with vision, coupled with pragmatic can-do attitude
- High attention to detail
- Ability to apply initiative, good judgement and creative thinking
- Good business acumen
- Payroll legislation, including PAYE Knowledge
- Sound accounting knowledge
Computer literate MS Office including Excel, Word and
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful